To Wait or Not to Wait
You have probably heard the phrase “same-day lenses” in advertisements. While it’s true that you can get your glasses the same day as your eye exam, in many cases it’s best to wait a few days. You should also note that not every optometrist will offer same-day glasses. There are several factors that go into an eye exam, and several things that need to be considered. For instance, you may not be ready to choose frames for your new lenses right after an eye exam. Even if you want to choose your frames right away, the ones you want may not be available. If you need a comprehensive eye exam or vision acuity test to get your prescription, schedule an appointment with us here at Northwest Eye Center!
Factors Affecting Timeframe
Once you have completed your eye exam, there are certain factors that may affect how long it takes to actually get your glasses. These factors include:
- Prescription Complexity – Some lens prescriptions are simply more complex than others, which usually means the lenses take longer to manufacture. In these cases, you may not be able to get your glasses on the same day.
- Special Specs – If you have requested special features for your lenses, like anti-scratch or glare-resistance, you may have to wait a few days before you get your glasses.
- Outside Lab Fabrication – Not all optometrist offices will be able to manufacture your lenses at their in-house labs. If your prescription has to be sent to an outside lab for fabrication, expect to wait a few days.
- Frame Choice – Even if you decide to choose frames at your optometrist’s office, the ones you want may not be available.
- Location – It’s up to you where you want to shop for frames. Eyewear chains may have a larger selection than your average optometrist’s office, but if you decide to take your prescription to one of these chains, you may have to wait longer to get your glasses.
It is very possible to get your glasses the same day as your eye exam. However, depending on your prescription, the availability of the frames you want, how your optometrist’s office is set up, and your personal preferences, you may have to wait a few days.
Your Glasses Are Ready at Northwest Eye Center
Here at Northwest Eye Center, our certified opticians will help you find the perfect pair of eyeglasses that are suited to your specific needs. We carry a wide variety of designer frames and pair them with the latest lens technology. We would be happy to set you up with new eyeglasses, so schedule an appointment today!